Food Handlers Certificate
The first 500 people every month can take the course for only $5
Bell County Food Handler Card Online
Wherever you serve food in the United States, food safety is a primary concern of restaurants and a primary consideration for the clientele. After all, food-borne illnesses-whether caused by chemical, physical, or biological contamination—are not just inconveniences but clear and present dangers to health and life. One needs only to recall the recent rash of massive food recalls and public panic, all due to E. Coli or Salmonella contamination fears, to realize how important food safety is and how critical food safety certification ought to be.
Many cities and local jurisdictions today require or recommend food safety certification for people in food establishments whose duties involve storing, preparing, displaying, and serving food. Most restaurants, in fact, now require a food safety certification for employment. In Texas, for instance, the person in charge of food safety in a food establishment is required by the state’s Food Establishment Rules §229.163 to be a certified food-protection manager. Check out our ServSafe ® Food Manager Certification program.
- This Texas Food Handlers Safety Course is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Certification is valid for 2 years from the date of course completion
- Online Course is approximately 1 hour long
- NO final exam
- Printable Texas food handlers card available upon completion
- English and Spanish courses available
- This course provides information on many topics related to safe food handling.
Course topics include:
- Potentially Hazardous Foods
- Preventing Foodborne Illnesses
- Handling Ready to Eat Foods
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Chemical Storage
- Safe Food Storage
- Cooking and Holding Hot Foods
*Your food handlers card is valid in all Texas cities and counties; however, your local jurisdiction may require further registration and fees. You should check with your local health department for details.